Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Summary/Objective: The primary function of this role is to support the Sales Team by engaging with customers, processing orders, and coordinating logistics for the company. The role ensures a high volume of customer interactions, encompassing prospecting, cold-calling, and closing deals, customer service and account management.
• Manage transportation dispatch, including tracking and tracing
• Inventory management
• Sales order coordination
• Manage internal facility transfers
• Order entry and passing
• Supervise accounts daily to retain existing relationships
• Responsible for price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
• Uphold rapport with clients and prospects
• Responsible for supervising shipments until delivery completed to guarantee smooth operations and customer satisfaction
• Carry out research to identify companies not currently doing business with the organization
• Build relationship and sell to clients through phone or one-on-one.
• 3+ years of customer service experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to work with a team yet make independent decisions and meet deadlines without constant supervision
• Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Available to work weekend and holidays, when needed
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
Life at Fowler Packing
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.