Materials Purchasing Agent
Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Summary/Objective: We are seeking an organized, reliable, service-oriented Purchasing Agent to join our team. You will manage, order, and maintain material inventories to ensure that materials are received, stored and shipped out in an accurate manner. The Materials Purchasing Agent is responsible for overseeing the inventory of all packaging items, receiving, staging and shipping orders, and maintaining the overall organization of the materials warehouse.
• Ensure deliveries and shipments are accurate
• Prepare and forecast materials for outbound shipment
• Utilize the WMS (Warehouse Management System) to receive products
• Complete shipping/receiving documents, forwarding as needed
• Mark internal inventory codes on material items using proper labeling equipment
• Verify the quantity and quality of goods received for conformity to purchase orders and product specifications
• Document any damages upon receipt of shipments. Report on overage, shortages, and damages according to operating procedures
• Schedule daily workload and adjust based on seasonal variation
• Maintain a clean and organized work area. Ensure that the work area is free of safety hazards
• Perform other duties as assigned by management staff
• Knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehouse environment
• Must be able to lift approx. 50lbs
• Good math and problem-solving skills
• Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate powered equipment, including pallet jacks and forklift trucks
• Able to work flexible schedule based on seasonal trends
• Proven track record of training and directing the activities of subordinates
• Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel proficient
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not mandatory. Must be able to communicate clearly and write legibly
- $22.00 – $24.00 per hour
Life at Fowler Packing
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.