Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Summary/Objective: The Farm and Labor Analyst is responsible for analyzing business operations and identifying opportunities to optimize business processes, improve efficiency, and drive profitability. This position involves working closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, finance, and IT, to gather data and develop strategies to optimize business processes.
• Analyze business operations, including crop accounting, harvest cost, financial analysis, and capital projects
• Develop and track crop budgets, crop forecasts, and monthly profit and loss reports to ensure effective financial management.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather data and develop strategies for optimizing business processes.
• Work closely with IT and data teams to implement AI based solutions.
• Conduct inventory valuation and analyze costs associated with labor, chemicals, fuel and supplies.
• Assist Leadership team with analyzing and tracking tactical goals and objectives
• Collaborate with IT department to develop database of key statistics, benchmarks, and historical business data for informed decision-making
• Provide relevant financial analysis for business development, growth, and continuous improvement initiatives to enhance decision making and increase visibility to return on investments.
• Bachelor’s in business administration, operations management, statistics, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a large-scale operations environment
• Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis tools such as PowerBi, SQL, Excel, and Tableau, along with experience in data analysis, modeling, and visualizations
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to identify and resolve complex operational problems
$70,000 – 90,000 per year
Life at Fowler Packing
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.